Friday, April 9, 2010

Kratos My Little Pony (SOLD)

from God Of War (Playstation 2 game)

Backstory:
Kratos (the ghost of Sparta) has become one of my favorite video game heroes of all time ever since the first God of War came out for Playstation 2 in 2005. He plots fiercly against the gods of Olympus in his efforts to rescue his wife and daughter from the grip of Hades. Kratos had mistakenly taken the lives of the latter in a blind rage while in the heat of battle. Kratos was consequently forced to bear his wife and daughter's ashes on his own skin for the rest of his days. This is why he has an ashy grey appearence. And for the rest of his days, he would hunt down the gods of Olympus(and everything else in the way) to regain what he had lost. Kratos basically trades his soul to Hades to have the chance to get his family back again. Athena would lend him aid through guidance and weaponry on his long journey. Kratos eventually faces Hades, the god of war, in an epic final battle for the first game. Claiming victory, Kratos sits upon what was once Hades' throne in the clouds of Olympus. I could write a lot more but that's the gist of things and this is all why I am joe_of_war.

Pretty good amount of work went into this little guy! A full repaint of a silly ass My Little Pony toy from the 80s. Then with Aves Apoxie I sculpted his goatee, head armor, blade, and a little on his saddle. Borrowed some armor fodder from my buddy McFarlane to give him the armored horse feel. Kratos actually wear armors in the game at some point too, so I wanted to incorporate that.

I added rare earth magnets (really tiny ones, about an 1/8 inch wide) to Kratos' hooves, chain, and blade. One on each hoof, one on each end of the chain, and one on the blade handle. This way I can pose him and have some sort of articulation going on! It worked out pretty nicely for my first use of magnets, I really love how he turned out!!! Let me know what you guys think! Thanks in advance and sorry if you have dial -up I took a ton of pics!!!! Recently sold on Ebay for $88....YAY!


Recipe:
Body - My Little Pony
Saddle - My Little Pony
Blade - Aves Apoxie
Blade handle - McFarlane fodder
Chain - McFarlane Guitar Hero fodder
Armor - McFarlane fodder
Scar and goatee - Aves Apoxie
Head armor - Aves Apoxie
Magnets - rare earth magnets
Paints - Citadel Acrylic

Kratos from God of War reference pic:


work in progress pictures (painting and sculpting)....

sculpted head armor:

base coat of paint done!! :

Here he is finished:

blade was sculpted with Aves Apoxie:

chain with 1/4 inch diamter rare earth magnets:


No comments:

Post a Comment