Friday, April 9, 2010

My first REAL person custom - Chris Ford (my homeboy)

This is a custom I made for my long time friend Chris Ford, hence the Ford logo on the t-shirt. The base used was a NECA Resident Evil 5 Chris Redfield. Chris, my friend, is the man. I saw the resemblance right when I saw the NECA figure and I told myself I GOTTA make this for him.

The work -
Okay so I had to chop off a lot of the gear the NECA figure had, like holsters and the belt. I wanted to give him a more solid normal upper body, so I filled in gaps with Aves Apoxie. I used hands from a Battlestar Galactica figure. He loves Texas Hold 'Em so I NEEDED a hand with some playing cards in it. He also loves video games, and has played a ton of Guitar Hero. That's where the McFarlane guitar comes in. Only thing I did to that was to make the guitar strap out of a maroon vinyl. Easy stuff. I sculpted a baby bottle and put an "A" for Alexandria, his adorable little daughter. Oh and the bottle sits nestled softly in his belt holster haha.

Paints are Citadel flats. I repainted him head to toe to give him a less militant feel. Anyway I think that's it, and I hope you all like my first real person custom. Thanks for stoppin' by guys and girls! Chris, now you gotta make me one haha.

Here's Chris on the left:

Another shot of us (he likes Guitar Hero/Rock Band):

 Base figure I used:

 Finished figure:

No comments:

Post a Comment