Friday, April 9, 2010

Doctor Solar

Well here he is Boges! The custom you motivated me to work on. I saw that you used the ML Astonishing X-Men Cyclops and I knew I had one in the 12 inch Marvel Icons scale collecting some major dust!!! I dremmeled down all the yellow lines on his costume and got his visor down to the appropriate width. Actually the visor could be better but oh well. I sanded him down a lot and all the white in the WIP pics is Aves Apoxie! My first time using so damn much of that stuff, and it was awesome! I used it to make a sort of twisting flame coming out of Solar's torso, his chest logo, and also the pouch on his waist. I wanted his flame tail to mimic the comic cover shown. I had never heard of Doctor Solar before Bogie, but I loved Bogie's figure so I made my own version with a twist. Oh yeah and that is most definitely a doll stand holding him up, thank you much hahaha. Rock and roll, hope you guys like it! Comments appreciated as usual!

Recipe for the paragraph-phobes:
• Base - ML Icons Cyclops (Astonishing X-Men)
• Aves Apoxie - chest logo, flame tail, pouch on waist
• Testors Model Masters/Tamiya paints
• super awesome doll stand
• backdrops are printed form the interweb



Comic Reference:

Work in Progress (major sculpting!) :

Doctor Solar finished:


No comments:

Post a Comment