Friday, April 9, 2010

The Great Tiger

My love for videogames is undeniable in my everyday life....still at 26 years old haha! My girlfriend and I bought the new Wii Punch-Out game and I had to make this guy! Here we have The Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! I thought that Kraven was the perfect base for him, being slender but muscular and having a GREAT facial expression! I didn't give him a darker flesh tone even though Tiger IS from India, but I still like how it turned out. The colors I used on his pants and gloves, along with the tattoo are all my new tweaks to the character. The chest tattoo is a tribal tiger image I painted, but was found on the web. Oh yeah and there I am painting haha!!!! 

Recipe for Great Tiger:
• Base - ML Kraven
• Gloves - SOTA Ken
• Aves Apoxie - turban, mustache, goatee, glove parts
• Chest tattoo - pencil, pen, then black paint
• Testors Model Masters and Citadel paints



Joe at work:

reference from Nintendo game:

Work in Progress with sculpting:

Finished:




No comments:

Post a Comment