Sunday, January 3, 2010

Apocalypse of Egypt - Sigma 6 style (SOLD)

My biggest custom to date!!  I have always loved Apocalypse for his sheer size and power. So instead of using a Marvel Legends base, I used the biggest Sigma 6 character I had - Heavy Duty. And since Apocalypse hails from Egypt, I wanted to give him some extra Egyptian godlike flare (helmet and base). I dremeled the joints, sanded down facial features, and repainted the entire Heavy Duty figure with Testors glossies (blue, silver, black, and a grey skin tone). I repainted a McFarlane helmet and borrowed a base from McFarlane, and the skull from a Blanka figure. Looots of time went into this guy, mostly the paint in his face and number of coats I did. Check him out next to Wolverine....what a beast!  The first picture is the base figure "Heavy Duty" that I used.

 
 
 
 
 
 
http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/toysoup/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=258&start=0

No comments:

Post a Comment