Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Mutant Raphael (Universal Monster)

Well hey there! This wasn't really a difficult custom, but the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a huge influence on my cartoon watching when I was a little Joe. I collected them all, and recently I got my hands on a pretty beat up Raphael figure. His paint was chipped and rubbed off, so I figured I'd give him a new paintjob! His name is The Mutant Raphael and he is from a Universal Studios series of Turtles that Playmates put out in 1994.  Anyway, I wanted to give him a new paintjob that made him look like he was straight out of an old Universal classic horror flick! P.S. huge horror/zombie fan here!

I used Citadel and Testors paints, mixing a few greys to get that greyscale feel to the figure. I Photoshopped him into the sewer photo, but I kept his original paintjob, get it? If I saw this guy stumbling towards me in a dark swer I wouldn't know if I should run or throw him a slice of black and white pizza!

Finished Raphael:










1 comment:

  1. I love the mutant Raphael! He seems much more probable then just a tall turtle with some bad ass ninja skills. :o) bravo!

    ReplyDelete